Plymouth Parent Carer Voice
- Mon 04, 2018
- Posted by Admin
Plymouth Parent Carer Voice are holding our annual SEND parent carer conference - please see the details and ticket link below:
Welcome to the Plymouth Parent Carer Voice, Parent Carer S.E.N.D Conference.
This year is a little different. To ensure the conference remains accessible to as many parent carers as possible, there is an initial fee to register, which can be refunded to you in full when you sign-in on the day, or alternatively you can choose to donate it. Also, this year, you will be able to choose the talks that are most relevant to you.
Talks are provided in response to what parent carers have told us they want to hear about:
- De-escalation Strategies by the CDC
- Neurodevelopmental Disorders and the Emotional Toolbox - withdrawals and deposits by CAMHS
- Dyslexia by Sue Shelly and Claire Hetherington
- SEND Benefits by Advice Plymouth
- Parent Participation and Meeting Preparation by Somerset Parent Carer Forum
- Person Centered Planning by Brook Green Center for Learning
- SEND Access by Jo Siney (Head of SEND for PCC)
- Now you have an autism diagnosis - what's next? by Cary Canavan and Tara Vassallo
- Autism Amplified Project by Routways and PPCV
These talks are provisional and may be subject to change. Please see Plymouthpcv on Facebook for any updates.
Instead of the 1:1s there will be a professional drop-in area where parents and carers can speak to any of the following professionals:
- Preparing for Adulthood
- 0-25 Team
- Careers South West
- Short Breaks
- Educational Psychologist
Further information and updates can be found on Plymouthpcv on Facebook.
There is a charge to register but, on the day, you can choose to either have a refund or donate the fee.
A light lunch will be provided and the event is within school hours.
We look forward to seeing you there.