COVID 19 Update
Unfortunately there has been a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the school setting.
Close contacts of the affected person have been contacted and told to self-isolate at home for 14 days in line with the national guidance.
The school remains open and, if your child has not been identified as a close contact and providing they remain well, they can continue to attend school as normal.
What to do if your child develops symptoms of COVID 19
If your child develops symptoms of COVID-19, you should organise for your child to be tested via the NHS online portal or by calling 119. Your household should isolate until you receive the test results giving the all clear.
Symptoms of COVID 19
The most common symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are recent onset of:
· new continuous cough and/or
· high temperature and/or
· a loss of, or change in, normal sense of taste or smell (anosmia)
For most people, coronavirus (COVID-19) will be a mild illness.
How to stop COVID-19 spreading
There are things you can do to help reduce the risk of you and anyone you live with getting ill with COVID-19
· wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
· use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
· wash your hands as soon as you get home
· cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
· put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
Further information is available at https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/